Medical Billing and Coding
**Upgrade** Your Life – Find Out Why Medical Billing – Coding is a Great Career Choice:
Here is what we are going to cover:
Why Medical Billing & Coding Is GREAT Career Choice? Is there Demand for the Job, A Future? How Can I get Involved? How Can I Earn More Money? What are People Making Now? Where are they Making Money? What are the Benefits of Being a Medical Coder and Biller? What Skills Do I Need? Interested in the Possibilities?
Just the Facts, According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:
Medical Billing & Coding is one of the fastest growing occupations.
Employment is projected to grow over 16% in the next 5 years.
Medical Billing & Coding jobs are growing faster than other occupations.
The Healthcare Industry is the faster growing job sector in the country.
3 Simple Facts about Medical Billers & Coders.
Median Pay – UP! $38,040 year / $18.29 per hour
Job Opportunities – Growing – Over 200,000 jobs projected thru 2024
Employment Change – Up – over 29,000 jobs
7 reasons why Medical Billing & Coding Jobs are in such high demand:
- The growing need of an aging population, you are getting older and so is
- Higher use of alternative facilities such as long term, outpatient & in-home
- Population Growth and higher churn of medical procedures. More people,
seeing needing more health care results in more billing.
- 24/7 Care, means more billing
- Increased Government Regulation, Compliance and Monitoring like the
Affordable Care Act.
- CPT, ICD 9, HCPCS, Modifiers, NDC, DRG, CDT, APC, E/M, NCCI, ICF, DSM-IV,
Taxonomy, Revenue & Medicare Codes are becoming more complex and the
nuisances to code correctly are more detailed than ever and require more and
more training and education to ensure proper skills for accuracy
- Plenty of employer options, the skills earned with a medical billing & coding
degree will give you flexibility to seek employment or free lance in hospitals,
clinics, nursing homes, administrative support centers, & medical laboratories,
just to name a few.
Generally, CERTIFIED medical billing and coding professionals with a Bachelor of Science degree will have better job prospects than those without one. Being a Medical Biller & Coder is considered one of the best jobs in America, with the Avg Salary of $38,000/year and the top ten percent making in excess of $64,000 annually.
Top Paying States for Skilled Medical Billing & Coders:
New Jersey, Alaska, California, Maryland, Colorado
Top States with the highest employment levels for Skilled Medical Billing & Coders:
California, Texas, Florida, Ohio, New York
Top paying metropolitan areas for Medical Billing & Coders:
Newark, NJ-PA Metropolitan Division, San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA, Danbury, CT, Naples-Immokalee-Marco Island, FL, New Bedford, MA, San Rafael, CA Metropolitan Division, Silver Spring-Frederick-Rockville, MD Metropolitan Division, San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco, CA Metropolitan Division, Vallejo-Fairfield, CA, Oakland-Hayward-Berkeley, CA Metropolitan Division,
How Do I make more money as a Medical Biller – Coder?
Get the best and highest Education you can:
Working Inpatient is good move. Hospitals are the best places to be, inpatient staffs have increase over 5% and the average salary is much higher than outpatient staffs.
Location, location, location, Higher pay is dependent on location, Looks to locations with high employment rates like California, Hawaii, Texas, Florida, Ohio, New York
College Degrees matter, Medical Billing & Coders with a Degree make on average 15% more, but those with degrees who specialize and are certified earn over 30% more.
What are the 4 types of Educational Requirements for Medical Billing – Coding?
- A Post Secondary Education /Certification
- Associate Degree
- Health Information Technology Programs
- Health Services Administration Certificate:
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS) - Electronic Health Records Specialist (EHR Specialist) - Medical Administrative Assistant
What are the Top 10 Benefits of Being a Medical Coder – Biller?
- Great Pay – Median avg pay over $37k
- The Job is Important for both the patients, insurance companies and the health care industry. You will matter.
- Independence – the position requires min supervision and allows for an independent work style. A Sense of Freedom & Responsibility.
- Booming Job Outlook, High Demand, Opportunities Galore– Lots of high paying jobs.
- Flex Hours, Potential to work from home, Part-Time – the profession gives you options
- Many Different Work Settings – doctors’ offices, hospitals, nursing homes, healthcare facilities, outpatient surgery centers, and even your home
- Non Clinical Healthcare – No Blood, – maybe from a paper cut
- Multiple Training Options – School, online, OTJ, degrees, certifications, etc.
- Career Satisfaction / Social Interaction /Growth– you get to meet people from all walks of life, and work alongside highly educated professionals. You get to help people, but you can have very little patient contact if that is your preference.
- Transferable/ Marketable Skills – The skills you will learn and use are easily transferable to other careers and they would be highly sought after in any profession should you choose to change.
Get Certified – Being certified means that you’re at the top of your professional game and can demand the highest pay remember the top 10% earn more than $64,000/year because you are now a qualified expert in the medical billing & coding field. You now get to put those letters after your name, let the confidence grow. More Confidence, better performance more pay!
What skills do I need?
Analytical, Social Interaction, Detail Oriented, Computer, Internet, Technical, Integrity, Discretion, Communication, Problem Solver, Multi-tasker, Autonomous, Maturity, Strong Sense of Responsibility, Dependability, Education, Math, Reading, Cross Training, Eager to Learn.
Interested in the Possibilities? How you can get involved one of the fastest growing and highest paying occupations out there? You can get started today with an enhanced Medical Billing & Coding Program, don’t delay.
Article Sponsored by: Great Medical Billing Degrees
**THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT AND NOT AN ACTUAL NEWS ARTICLE, BLOG, OR CONSUMER PROTECTION UPDATE. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which we receive compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). We do not include all companies or all offers available in the marketplace. Though we do provide articles and information, The site is specifically intended for an advertising experience